Gabriela Viteri Espinoza, Ph.D.
Centro de Investigación, Estudios y Desarrollo de Ingeniería (CIEDI)
Facultad de Ingenierías y Ciencias Agropecuarias (FICA)
Calle José Queri s/n entre Av. Granados y Av. Eloy Alfaro.
Universidad de Las Américas, Quito, Ecuador.
Phone: 00 593 (2) 3981000
Research Interests & Skills
Research in my group is related to alteration processes of proteins due to oxidative stress and its relationship to the development of diseases in association to natural aging of living systems. Currently, our work focuses on oxidative stress and stress resistance of plants treated with products that promote growth and development.
- Strong understanding of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Protein Chemistry.
- Extensive knowledge of analytical and immunological methods used in Chemical and Biochemical experiments.
- Experience in protein separation and purification applying different techniques. Thorough knowledge and experience working with HPLC-UV/Fluorescence, HPLC-MS, Flash chromatography, atomic absorption, SDS-PAGE (1 & 2 dimensions), WB, tissue culture, FACS, radioactive labeling, ultracentrifugation.
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (2000)
Universidad Central del Ecuador, School of Chemistry
Quito D.M., Ecuador.
Published articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Viteri, G. , Chung, Y.W., Stadtman, E.R. (2010). Effect of progerin on the accumulation of oxidized proteins in fibroblasts from Hutchinson Gilford progeria patients, Mech. Ageing Dev., 131(1), 563-574.
- Daly, M.J., Gaidamakova, E.K., Matrasova, V.Y., Kiang, J.G., Fukumoto, R., Lee, D.Y., Wehr, N. B.., Viteri G.A. , Berlett, B.S, Levine, R.L. (2010) Small-molecule antioxidant proteome-shields in Deinococcus radiodurans. PLoS One 5(9):e12570